Friday, April 25, 2014

In only one month….

   In only one month, I will begin a journey for the fourth time. I will wake up at four a.m. Well, I will wake up if I have been able to sleep at all that is… I will get on the hotel shuttle and will arrive at the airport in Florida to board a plane that will take me back to my Haiti home. WOW! How my heart sings and dances with joy just from typing that! It has been a long journey of praying, waiting, and preparing and in only a month it will be complete!
   After a short flight from Florida, I will land in Haiti. The smells of Haiti that normally make a person scrunch up their nose will fill my nostrils and make me smile the cheesiest smile around. The noises, the language, and the people that God has  allowed me to love and cherish will be around me! I will board a small plane--that may or may not be held together by duct tape--that will take me to Port de Paix and in an hour I will be back in St. Louis. After a few days of training, I will return to the place in Haiti that God first lead and called me to, Mole St. Nicholas. One of the most craziest, simplest, and beautifulest places that I have ever been. My heart will rejoice. I might even cry as I see the faces of the people who have flooded my prayers and mind these past seven months. I will hug them close and praise God for His faithfulness in returning me to this wonderful place. As I once again look over the ocean and land that I first heard God's call to return to Haiti almost three years ago, I will once again thank Him for His faithfulness through the journey that these three years have been. No one could have imagined all that I have learned and all the ways that I have grown through this journey.
   None of this has been or will be possible without you. Yes, you. It is through you that God has sent me on each of these four journeys. Through the prayers, encouragement, and financial support from you, I have been covered, sent, and supported. I am humbled and amazed by you. There were and are hundreds of other people and things that you could have prayed over, encouraged, or supported. Yet, you chose to pray for me, encourage me, and support me. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment