Sunday, March 15, 2015

Connecting

If you know me, I am all about relationships. All about them. I am all about connecting and fellowship. The past two summer internships I was blessed with the ability to use a cellphone service here that had 3G. It was such a blessing! I could keep up with everyone on Facebook, call my family for free through an app, and even Skype every once and awhile. In January the cellphone service took the 3G away. I still have Internet, Edge Internet but it is so so slow. I can kind of upload things if I retry it at least three times...even simple text messages are difficult to send most
of the time. 

These past almost three months of not being able to connect with those I left behind in the states has been rough. I've only been able to connect through text messages, email, Voxer and sometimes facebook. I've hated it. I've hated not being able to call my family and friends. I've so so missed connecting with them. It's made me feel lonely not being able to stay in touch and often fearful because I do not know how my family and friends are doing. 

In the loneliness, in the unknown, and in the confusion God is teaching me. He is teaching me to rely more and more on Him. He is teaching me to trust Him more and more. He is teaching me to rely on Him for comfort, peace, and connection. He is teaching me to trust that just as He has a plan for me and takes care of me each and everyday; He also has a plan  for all those I love who are in the States and is taking care of them each and everyday. It's definitely been a journey as God is showing me to trust Him more especially with those I love. It has humbled me as I have had to surrender and trust that God will care for my family and friends just like He always does. 

Being on the Edge of the Internet has also opened more opportunities to engage with and build relationships with those who live on the Mole campus. I have spent countless hours hanging out with the Castillo kids. Miss Beth and I have had many movie nights in her house as well as great conversations as we fall asleep. I have also loved getting to know our staff who live on campus with us even better. We have been playing volleyball in the evenings and it has been so so very fun. 

In the disconnect, God is teaching and showing me how to connect more with Him and with those He has placed in my life for such a time as this. Yes, I miss all of my family and friends in the Stares, but I know and am often reminded that God does have me here in the Mole for this specific time and He will be faithful to provide all that I need even connection with other people. 

Blessings!
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment