Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bringing Seeds of Light and Hope

His body was covered in scars. His voice shook with scars. His eyes were windows into the scars that have been afflicted on his little heart. He was only eight years old at the most. We invited him to come to our VBS. We wanted a chance to pour into him and to tell him that these scars were not right. Boys who are eight years old are not meant to have scars on their bodies, voice, or heart. But he said, "My mom won't let me come." "My mom says that I can't go to the church."

Oh how my heart broke for this little boy! I wanted to scoop him up. I wanted to carry him away from all of his pain. I wanted to be able to replace all of his horrible memories and scars with memories of joy, laughter, and kisses. I wanted him to know that Jesus loves him. But he said, "My mom won't let me come."

The truly heartbreaking part of this story is that this little boy is not the only one in the Mole who has scars like this. So many of the children that we pass each day in the streets have scars and wounds that have been inflicted on them by their own family members. 

This is something that we as a mission in the Mole have been praying about and working to fight against. We want to fight for these kids. We want them to know that they are loved and cherished not only by us, but most importantly by God. Please join us in this fight by praying for these kids and their families. Pray that they would come to know Christ and that their lives would radically be changed by His light and love. It won't be a quick change but even just holding a hand of a child for a few minutes or praying over a child is an impact for eternity. It is a seed of hope that we can plant. Everyday, we hope to continue to plant these seeds of hope and light in this community as we try to patiently wait to see how God uses these seeds to advance His Kingdom. Please pray for these seeds to grow and expand not only in those we plant them in but for them to take over this entire community. May the light begin to overwhelm the darkness. 

Blessings! 
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment