Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Will I follow blindly?


   God has called and led me to Haiti. It has been and continues to be a journey that stretches me and brings me constantly to His feet asking for strength to know how to love and minister here. My discipleship group back home is reading through the New Testament this summer. When I read Mark 8:22-25 the other day, I learned something from it that I never had even thought of before.

Mark 8:22-25-And they came to Bethsaida. And some people brought to him a blind man and begged him to touch him. And he took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village, and when he had spit on his eyes and laid his hands on him, he asked him, “Do you see anything?” And he looked up and said, “I see men, but they look like trees, walking.” Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again: and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.

   God is always leading us. Sometimes we are completely blind to where He is leading or why He is leading us to something else, but we must trust Him. Sometimes He shows us the outlines of what and where He is leading us, but there is still a lot of uncertainty. And there are times when He shows us clearly and exactly what and where He is leading us. Are we willing to follow God blindly? Are we willing to step out in faith?

   This internship has definitely been a time where God gave me an outline of where He was leading me. I had a desire and passion to come here, but it was never an easy choice. There was a lot that I went through to get here. I had to chose to trust that God was in control and that He had a plan for me. God has been teaching and stretching me and still has so much to teach me through this journey. I'm excited and humbled that He chose this path for me.

   Whenever God is leading me in a different direction I want to always chose to trust Him and follow blindly.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment